Thursday, March 18, 2010

Montana March Madness!

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I am so sorry. I am so sorry Montana Grizzlies! I wanted to know how your first round game against New Mexico was doing. I logged on and saw I could view your game live. When I got there, the score was 33-32, New Mexico They talked about that incredible first half Brian Qvale had. Then New Mexico scored 11 straight unanswered points. Arrgh. It’s all because I logged on. I’m sorry! I should have known better than to jinx it. I quickly turn off the live game tracker thing. After a long while, I check the scores and Montana was ousted 62-57. Sorry Head Coach Wayne Tinkle, and Joslyn’s dad, didn’t mean to jinx you! Although coming in as a number 14 seed and almost knocking off a number 3 seed is something to be proud of.

Remember when I said let’s play “Where’s Waldo” with the Sports Illustrated March Madness Cover? Well Super Fan TG won first prize. (Yeah, I didn’t even know we were having a contest, either). TG was able to find all seven, yes seven, of the women basketball players and could identify them. He claims there were more mascots and cheerleaders than women basketball players. Send your rants and raves to Sports Illustrated. So here they are in no particular order:

Nneka Ogwumike (Stanford-obviously)
Jasmine Dixon (UCLA)
Tiffany Hayes (UConn)
"Sugar" Rogers (Georgetown)
Kathleen Nash (Texas)
Liz Repella (West Virginia)
Amber Harris (Xavier)

Very Impressive.So I am sending him a “C and R” engraved Digital Key Chain courtesy of Whole Sale Key Chains dot com for his eye-strain.

Stanford’s First Round game is Saturday, 7:30 PM. Don’t forget to pick your women’s bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment